Google rolled out the August security update for Android users. Unlike other times, OnePlus 7 Pro this time gets the new update first as compared to Google’s own Pixel phone. The update is available OnePlus 7 Pro first.
OnePlus rolled out the Google OS update early this August even when other phones didn’t get the update. The Pixel phones get regular monthly updates, whereas OnePlus offers OS update bi-monthly. OnePlus 7 Pro has the OxygenOS 9.5.11, which is the proprietary OS to the OnePlus phones. The security update from Google supports the OxygenOS. The main features of OS update 9.5.11 are-
- Effective adaptive brightness
- Better and effective screen sensitivity for games
- Reduced accidental notification bar touches while on a phone call
- GMS update 2019.06
- Other bug fixes and tweaks
Ways to install the new update in OnePlus 7 Pro
- Go to Settings– System— System Update in your OnePlus 7 Pro
- Check for Updates— click
- The update will be available, click on yes to download the update
- Let the process complete and install the update
OnePlus 7 Pro may not have the system update on all the phones. Since the company releases the updates on air, it may take time to see updates on your phone. You can also download the update files in the support page of the company. The new updated file will have OxygenOS 9.5.11 for all OnePlus 7 Pro users.
Ways to update OS in the OnePlus 7 Pro using the Local update-
- Download the file from the support page
- Connect your phone with a cable to your computer
- Go to Settings—- System— System Updates
- Click on the Local update in the upper right corner of the screen of the phone
- Navigate the downloaded zip file
- Open the file and download the contents as per instructions
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your phone.